Sunday, June 22, 2008

3 weeks down, 7 to go!


The time is going by quickly since today marks my official 21st day here in Indiana, PA. Granted, I flew home last weekend so that I wouldn't spend my first Father's Day sans father cooped up in my house, so that not only took up a weekend but makes it feel like I have been gone less. I think every time you go home, the counter starts over. So, either I'm at day 21 or day 7, depending on how you look at it.

Anyway, now is the time on Sprockets when there is a lot to do. I front-loaded a small paper and a large presentation in one of my classes, so those are done, but I have a large paper and a large project left. To do. In the next 10 or so days. The good news is both paper and project are totally relevant to either my dissertation or my actual job, so yay. I just need to do them, and I think I've been enjoying a bit of a break from the stress I left behind at work before the stress of the next two weeks kicks in.

I took a really amazing 30 mile bike ride this weekend. It was great until mile 20 and then I ran out of calories to burn (I had only eaten cereal for breakfast) so for the next 10 miles I had visions of vegan burgers.

Above is a pretty pastoral picture from the ride.

1 comment:

nwarwick said...

A 20 mile bike ride! My goodness. I'm trying to think of my time here in smaller chunks. A week and a half and I get to go home. I can't believe we've been here for...24 days for me. I'm so excited to be going home. I think it will help break up the summer.

Happy writing.