My bike arrived today, promptly at 11 am, the beginning of the delivery window. I think the Fed Ex man was not sure of what to make of my hopping up and down with enthusiasm while saying "Yay, Yay" and clapping my hands.
Anyway, when Zeph had helped me take my bike apart to make it fit in the shipping box, I was totally paranoid that I wouldn't be able to put it back together again (nor take it back apart at the end of the summer). Today I realized that while my paranoia is often justified (Ellie has yet to be eaten by large dogs and my house hasn't burned down), this one was for no reason. I stopped by the Indiana bike store (where they love Jesus as evidenced by the music playing) and bought the multi tool I needed, and then righty-tighty, lefty-loosy'd my bike back together. The only think I am slightly concerned about was it was hard to reattach the handlebars exactly in the middle, so we'll see how that goes. But at least now I know how to do all my own adjustments.
Tomorrow: I ride!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment