Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun Day in Pittsburgh
















On Sunday I returned yet another rental car and this time, instead of taking the bus back, my friend Dawn and her two kids, Cameron and Zada, came and picked me up from the airport. We then went to the Carnegie Museum, which has both a History Museum and an Art Museum. The current exhibit right now is Dinosaurs, and what they did really well was try to place the skeletons in front of or near paintings of what they would have looked like alive. They also had them hanging out in shrubbery and what not, and those details made the exhibit stand out over all the other dinosaur skeleton collections I've seen. I split off from them for awhile and went to the Art Museum, and then later we all drove up to Mt. Washington, which has a really nice view of downtown Pitt and some of the bridges. All in all, it was a nice getaway from Indiana! Yay!

No comments: