I definitely have used my limited skills at website creation and blogs in my teaching before, and would like to use Second Life but a) HS admin still a bit leery of the internets, and b) as a HS teacher, you have to decide how much time up front you can afford to invest in training your students how to do something. Many would assume teens are all over Second Life already, but I think sometimes educators overestimate how tech savvy the students actually are. Sure, the social network like crazy and can photoshop their friends to upload on to their social networking sites, but they're not great an using the internet for research (we know this) or really doing anything online that doesn't work for them RIGHT AWAY. I think the internet can facilitate both compulsive and impatient behavior, and I know because I am exhibit A. But that's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment