For accumulating and reflecting upon my pre-dissertation research, I started a second blog using Wordpress instead of Blogspot because it is more amenable to uploading video, audio, photos, etc.
So, you can see that here: http://dissertating.wordpress.com/
Also, a useful tool that I discovered the value of after our network administrator (at work) updated our browsers, thereby causing me to lose YEARS of book marks, is called Del.icio.us. It is a social bookmarking site, which means anytime I save a bookmark, I can also see who else has saved that same bookmark. Or, in more practical terms, it keeps all my bookmarks in one place, so I can go anywhere in the world, and as long as I have internet access, I can see my bookmarks. Additionally, I can "tag" those bookmarks with key words so that I can find what I need later on. So, let's say I find several sites or pieces of media on "skills transfer" then I would tag each saved bookmark with that phrase. Later, I could search my books marks for "skills transfer" and then find only those. The more bookmarks you have, the more tagging makes sense.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment